We are so glad that you have decided to attend the upcoming Ontario Ancestors virtual conference – A New Vision! We have a few things that we would like to share with you before we get started.
- Zoom has recently updated its platform. To ensure that your version is up-to-date, please take a moment to attend a Zoom test meeting at https://zoom.us/test. This will allow you to set up your speakers, turn off your video, and locate the Chat window.
- Sign in to your Ontario Ancestors account (or the account you created in Marketplace to purchase the conference), and verify your access to the Conference site using the URL you received with your conference receipt – https://virtual2020.ogs.on.ca/launch-sessions-page/. This will take you to the Launch Sessions Page, which provides you access to each session of the conference. If you are not logged in to your account, you will be prompted to log in.
- Having difficulty getting access? Use the Need Help? Button on the Launch Page to get in touch with our technical team via email. During live conference events this mailbox will be monitored to ensure a “real time” response to your questions.
- The Conference starts with hour-long Fast Trax sessions beginning at 8:00 pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. The topics and presenters are on the Launch Sessions Page – click on the session you wish to attend to gain access. The Launch Sessions Page provides your access to each of the sessions. Refer to it often for current and upcoming sessions. Remember that you will need to Click Here beside each session in order to launch it! (Note: Thursday is our regular Ontario Ancestors webinar – you are welcome to attend for free.)
- On Saturday we will be starting at 12:00 pm, so grab some lunch, login and enjoy! Our sessions will run until 5:30 pm that day. On Sunday we will be live from 11:00 am until 6:30 pm, with a break for lunch.
- Our one-hour sessions will include a presentation and an opportunity for you to ask questions of the presenters using the Chat feature on Zoom. We will also have Fast Trax presentations in between the main presentations, and they will begin when the presentation ends. That’s why they’re included in the Click Here link for the previous presentation.
- There is a syllabus for our virtual conference. On the Launch Sessions Page click Conference Materials to download your copy.
- Soon after the conference concludes we will send you an email with a links to access all of the sessions for a week following conference closing. You will be able to view these sessions until June 14th at 11:59 pm, so don’t miss the opportunity to re-visit any sessions you wish.
- We would very much appreciate your feedback using the Conference Survey that we will send as soon as conference concludes. Since this is a first-time event we look forward to receiving suggestions for improvement as well as things you enjoyed or features you would like to see in a future event.
If you have any questions in advance of the A New Vision virtual conference, for technical issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you on June 1st!
Dianna Fulton Director/Conference Chair
The Ontario Genealogical Society
2100 Steele’s Ave West Unit 202
Concord, Ontario, Canada
T: 416 489 0734
TF: 1-855-MYROOTS (855-697-6687)